This 27-hectare park lies to the north of the city and was purchased by the Council in 1947 from Major Hay.
Beside the park’s south gates stand the fortified towers of St Machar’s Cathedral. There are many fine areas in the park from the flowerbeds to the rose beds and up to the walled garden beside the old stables, which have been converted for housing.
The Cathedral Walk is always a resplendent sight in midsummer and one of the most popular with visitors to the city. Seaton Park is also an access point for the River Don and a walk has been established from the park to the city boundary.